The team's rookie Viktor Svedberg, a defenseman, shared his emotions after signing a contract with the Army club.
- Ones I heard from my agent that Cska was interested, it was a pretty easy decision to make.
I’ve heard a lot of good things from players I’ve talked to, and the goal and mindset of the club, matches my goals and ambitions.
- What do you know about CSKA?
- I’ve obviously played against Cska a few times. And know the history and legacy of the club. I’m very honored and proud to be joining this club.
- In CSKA there are already 3 players from Sweden. Do you know someone? Will it help you to adapt faster in the club?
- Yes, I’ve played with both Klas and Joakim in USA. Coming to a new team, where you already know a few guys, can obviously help me get used to a new environment.
- With Kazahstan you played in World Cup in Riga. How it was?
- It was a great experience. My first in WC and first time representing Kazakstan. I’m already looking forward to next year, when we can play in front of fans.
- What are you planning to do before the start of the training camp?
- I don’t have any specific plans, just be with my family and friends. And start to prepare for the season both on and off the ice.
- What are your main goals for the season?
- I think everyone in Cska have the same goal, and that’s to win the Gagarin Cup.
- Could you say a few words for our fans?
- I’m just very excited to join CSKA and can’t wait to be playing in front of the fans.