CSKA defender Nikita Nesterov, in an interview with RB Sport, shared his impressions of the Gagarin Cup victory this year.
– Are the emotions now after winning the Gagarin Cup different than after the first victory?
– Completely different Cups. In 2019, we won 4-0 in the series in the final, now we have opened with 1-3. Of course, it was nice to win both times. But emotions are different.
– And the final turned out to be one of the best in the history of the KHL.
– Once in the Gagarin Cup final we have already won back from 1-3, it was Dynamo in 2012. Now we repeated it. It happens once every ten years.
– Was Sergey Fedorov given the best coach of the KHL season deservedly?
– Deservedly. He came in from scratch as a coach, took the team and won the Gagarin Cup. A great impression of working with him, only positive.